Instruction on Jewelry maintenance
It is inevitable that after a long time of wearing, jewelry will begin to oxidize and fade more or less. The key lies in daily maintenance.
- Avoid putting silver jewelry and diamonds together with hair spray, perfume, skincare products and soaps since they will make silver jewelry and diamonds become gloomy and even turn black.
- Ornaments should be taken away before taking a bath, to be free from Alkali items and free from being oxidized.
- Try to prevent jewelry having a long-term contact with sulfur and its compound or the change of color and quality will be caused.
- When silver jewelry and diamonds are not in use, please clean them thoroughly and put them away in case that exposing in the air will make them lose gloss.
- Some kinds of diamonds and gold jewelry are very sensitive to temperature, which hence requires you to keep your jewelry in constant temperature, neither too hot nor too cold.
- Avoid wearing jewelry when doing exercise and hand work since intense movements may cause these jewelry pieces out of shape or even broke and lost.
- Silver is soft and easy to get scratched so it is better to separate it from other kinds of jewelry pieces. Different jewelry should be put away separately to avoid mutual scratches.
- Certain drugs may have chemical reaction to silver jewelry, making the color and quality changed. Be especially careful when touching drugs.
- Be noted that platinum-plated silver jewelry surpasses ordinary silver pieces in terms of the surface’s gloss and anti-oxidation.
- If the silver jewelry pieces have been oxidized, you can use the special silver rub cloth to wipe them. The special silver rub cloth has showed excellent performance in cleaning ability and anti-corrosion effect.